School started without a hitch and Ayla couldn't have been more excited. After watching two older siblings get to ride the bus and go to school for years, the anticipation was tangible. She loves saying goodbye to Elsie and having Elsie miss her. It means that she is the big sister and getting to do something not everyone gets to do. It made me laugh so hard the first day of school when Ayla came running home from the bus stop. I could see and feel the Joy emanating from her smile and her walk/run/bounce as she came to tell me all about the bus ride and her first day of Kindergarten.
The picture of her brought such tears to my eyes as I processed it because she is so beautiful to me. I love her spirit and will miss her so much this year. She brings so much peace and joy to our home, and it is lovely how we all adore her so and can't help but laugh when she is around.
Oh, I love all of my kids but it sure was time for Sienna and Hunter to go back to school and have some separation for each other and from me. Structure is a very good thing around here and the schedule has already been a wonderful welcome addition to the last week.
As a side note: If you haven't seen the new Winnie the Pooh(oh how I love A.A. Milne for writing of such wonderful characters) then you should do it. We all laughed about it for days afterwards and my kids play "Bakson"(Owls version of "Back soon" that turns into a horrendous monster that steals your socks and messes up all your books, ect.) all the time. And we loved it when Piglet said that he can not knot and everyone was so excited that he could Knot Knot. You have to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment