Our lives, maybe just my life, is so filled with stuff that life just passes us by. I listened to the girls giggling today as they played in their room and it just made me happy. It reminds me of that poem from Our Town, when Emily says, "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it?—every, every minute?" It just makes me think that I want to be active in my life. I want to hear that laughter and relish in it. I want to be a part of it. I want to have enough time and enough presence of mind to be in the moment as it happens. So often times I am distracted with what is next that the present moment is lost as just a thing to cross off of my list. I want to spend my life uplifting those around me and being uplifted by them in return.
Yoga in the park today with Sienna was one of these moments for me. As we did downward dog and saw the trees and grass all flipped up on itself it made me so grateful for a new perspective and for my world around me and my beautiful, happy, sunshine, soulful Sienna. I wished I had a camera but, I think the image will be forever ingrained in my minds eye. I lived the moment of being with her, in nature. The sounds of the train and the birds, the smell of the grass, the beauty of the trees, and the heat of the sun, the touch of the breeze. I wish I could do it everyday! I may not be able to do just that, but I can enjoy the future moments of the rest of what life has to offer, and I truly hope that I can just BE PRESENT in my life.
Yay! You posted again! Glad to hear you're enjoying life. Yoga does that to you.:)
ReplyDeleteAmen Sister! I love your writing. Of all the days to peek in and read your post today was that day.
ReplyDeleteGood post Laurie! It's SO true. I thought about that last week as I was enjoying the moment I was in, and normally that doesn't happen to me, I am always anxiously trying to get to the next thing, and then I get there, and want the next thing, blah blah etc.... Oh ya, and thanks for inviting me to your blog!
ReplyDelete