3.04.2010

Juggling

Do you ever feel like you are juggling a bunch of balls and someone keeps throwing more at you and then more and more? I sure do. I feel like lately I have more balls up in the air than I ever have had in the past and I am not a very good juggler. Eventually you have to let some of them fall, or perhaps all of them and then slowly start over again with only a few. The problem is which ones do you let touch the ground? It isn't very easy to decide when some of them are ones that are important to people you care about and some of them are important to you and then some are just ones that you have committed to.

Well here are some of the balls I have been juggling lately and not very well, hence the lack of blogging among other things.

Brent-wants to work out since he is paying a personal trainer, basketball

Hunter-art smart, 2 reports and a 3d model, piano, theory, scouts, pine wood derby, piano junior festival

Sienna- art smart, gymnastics, piano, theory, sickness(which means home for 3 days), piano junior festival

Ayla- gymnastics, chicken pox, birthday party

Elsie- physical therapy

Relief Society-14 sisters to visit besides VT sisters, lesson to prepare, board meetings, weekly missionary meetings

Flash Photography class 101- Book to read, pictures to take, edit and print, another night away

Yoga Teacher Training- 4 books to read and report on, practice teaching, Omwork, 5 classes a week of my own yoga besides the 3 days a week of class.

Running-training for the boulder boulder, knee gone out so appts with physical therapy and others to find out problem

3 levels of a house with 6 people living in it, of which none of them have time(or desire) to pick up after themselves.

Went to Utah for 4 days for a wedding in which we needed to find new outfits for and prepare for then unpack from.

2nd Wedding Reception was in Denver the same day as Festival, Yoga TT and the day Brent was too sick to drive with me. Also the day before Ayla's birthday party so it left no time to clean the house.

Laundry. Lots of it.

Of course I have been sick too since my immune system is the pits lately and with stress comes sickness.

Trying to eat healthier, which means more time in the kitchen, trips to the store, and lots of time trying to perfect homemade wheat bread.

Buoy-sick dogs are no fun. Healthy dogs aren't even that much fun.

Mail- a simple thing for some but anyone that has mailed me something knows how bad I am at getting it out of the box. It is pretty far gone when the mail carrier has to ring the door bell and leave a note on the door asking you to please pick up your mail because she can't slide even a single envelope more into the box. Yep! That would be me, and that same stack plus 2 more weeks worth is still waiting for me on the desk. Curse and bless autopay.

Book Group- I am behind now by about 4 books and was so supposed to choose books this month. Not happening.

Decorating advice for 3 different people.

I could go on but I will spare you. If you are even reading any longer at this point kudos to you. Wanna come over? I could use the help. At the wedding we(my siblings and spouses) were sitting around talking about awesome Brent and I are at life since our temple reccomends were expired and try as we might(calls to the bishop and pleading with the Temple President-evidently bride's mom trumps groom's sister) we couldn't make it to the wedding. We had no cash in which to give to Brent's parents for bringing our kids to us so they could go out to dinner and Brent's debit card was expired and he hadn't grabbed or activated his new one. I didn't know my pin # for mine. We had to write a check to Brady to get some cash to give to them. Yep we pretty much rocked that day. And that is how I feel just about every day, lately.

No really, I am sure that everyone is this busy. I was talking to a friend in the ward who said that she took out an old calendar from 20 years ago and as she looked at all the things and activities she had to do she was amazed at how she had done it all with 4 kids. It is such a busy time of life. It is so hard to find the balance and to learn to say no and also to take a step back and say," okay, my house is a wreck, there is no dinner or even milk, oh well. we will all survive." There isn't any possible way I could do it without Brent's help. He cleaned the house after church on Sunday and made the cake before the Conley's and Egberts could got there and fed the family dinner and had some waiting for me when I came home from my meetings and training since we had been running on Saturday and had had no time to do it then. On Monday he went and got Ayla a present and then took the kids minus sickly Sienna and sickly me out for ice cream and to Chick-Fil-A.

So really this is a boring post filled with venting, journaling of how busy life with 4 really is in case anyone is wondering, and most of all a shout out to Brent, who has been willing to pick up and juggle those balls that I have been dropping. Thanks Brent. 6 more weeks and then you will have your time back and I will not be monopolizing the evenings. I love you.



2 comments:

  1. I guess before I e-mailed you I should have checked your blog for an up date. Sounds pretty crazy! It is a great life though... you couldn't ask for better (and more beautiful) kids and husband. If things settle down any time soon give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! Life is busy...

    ReplyDelete