So this is our current rug. I want a bigger one to make the room feel cozier.
So I ordered a new one online and it came today.
I set it out and Brent came home and thought it was a joke.
Seriously, he kept telling me it was wrong and just bad.
So what is your opinion? Brent thinks my taste is slacking. He even offered to go shopping for another one with me(he has NEVER offered to go shopping), mostly because I think he doesn't trust my judgement anymore. So am I experiencing a mental twitch, that has temporarily compromised my decorating instincts?(or perhaps they have always been lacking?)
So what is the verdict? A. Before or B. After or C. something different all together?
In my defense, I liked the way it tied in the green walls of the family room and the yellow of the kitchen and the pillows. Brent thinks it took a classy room and made it look like a playroom. Lets be honest here. I would rather have an honest answer than have a rug that "ruins a room".
UUUUUGGGGGGLLLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI KNOW your opinion. You have not been hesitant at all in sharing it, my darling, supportive, DECISIVE, husband.
ReplyDeleteSo in Laurie's defense Brent, that is the rug we have too!! ;-) We ordered it last year and we have been 110% in love with it. Everyone that has come by has complimented us on it, and it goes with soooo many decorations/colors. Pillows are really fun too (by the way where did you guys get yours?) That size has been wonderful, and I have NEVER had a problem with vacumning it. The ends haven't frayed in 15 months of owning it and while it was expensive I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I will forever buy rugs from PB again for that reason. A side note for Brent: it won't always be that bright...the more you vacumn it, especially in the first six months it will get a bit more dull. Give yourself a couple weeks to get used to it. I promise it won't be so busy after you get used to it. You won't be disappointed!!! Laurie, I swear I wish you and I lived close...we would be best friends! ;-) Great rug guys!!! ;-) Keep it, keep it!!
ReplyDeleteOne more thing...we used to be more into neutrals too but the COLOR has been really fun. Keeps the room ineresting. Can you tell I want you to keep it?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kirsten. Brent's staff all called at 8 this morning to tell me they love me but, "NO". It makes me wonder if I am crazy or something for liking it. I am grateful to have at least one person in my corner. And you are so right. We would be great friends. I am sad we didn't do more together while we had the chance.
ReplyDeleteMy pillows are from PB, too! I got each cover for 4.95 when they went on clearance and the rug was the only size left because it was steeply discounted as well.
ReplyDeleteLaurie, I know Brent probably thinks my judgement is lacking as well but I love it. I love the bigger size and the colors. The pillows look great too. I feel like I need more color around our house. All we have is brown and blue... BORING.
ReplyDeleteKayla is asking when we can come visit. My girls are saying how much they miss you guys... I agree.
It will be fun to see all the changes you will have made in your house by then.
The big size is the "in" thing...apparently furniture is supossed to cover part of the rug (I used to think it was just supossed to be in the center of the room)...tell Brent to check the PB magazine and all the rugs are that big. What is your email and I'll send you a pic of our fmaily room so you can see what it looks like after a year of having it? Brent, let her keep it!!!
ReplyDeletePlus with all the meat and hunting Laurie deals with, I think he owes you!! ;-) Just had to add that...
ReplyDeleteKirsten, I love that you are cheering for me. I read that the furniture should be all the way on or all the way off except for the couches. It can be part way under the couches or big items. It has a way of defining the space and pulling it all together, I think. Can you tell that I was doing catch up on your blog while looking for a picture of your rug? You have added so many new posts it was fun to see. Couldn't find a pic though so please do send one to laurie.morrill@gmail.com. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI told her she could keep it if I get to put my Texas hog mount above the fireplace. I think it will be prettier than the rug.
ReplyDeleteIf my opinion counts for anything I really like the size of the bigger rug and I like that you are putting more color in that room but I don't necessary like THAT rug. I think it is better than the older rug because it is a funner more colorful rug but I don't think it necessary works for that room and you and your families personality. You seem like a contemporary/clean sleek lines kindof girl and family in general and I think this rug is a little too busy. But...if you are WANTING to do something out of the norm for you than I think it would work once the colors faded a little. I don't know if that confused you even more. I like the size, like more color in the room, but don't like that exact rug. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteI also don't like the idea of the Texas hog mount above your fireplace!! The flowery rug and hog head definitely wouldn't look right. I would compromise and get a different rug with lots of colors but not so girly flowery just so you don't have to have the hog head! :)
Well laur I finally see it. So the rug you have after this one is great. I looked at it and thought Brent is crazy (sorry brent), then I scrolled down and saw this one, and sorry, not my favorite. I love the new, new one though. Great job. This one is a little distracting and busy.
ReplyDeleteSorry Laurie I haven't had time to check out the blogs lately. I can see why you would give that rug a try. It does tie the rooms together, the yellow from your kitchen and the green and red. It's a fun, colorful, cheery rug. The more I look at it the more a like it. Maybe you could keep the rug. Keep both rugs, one for spring and summer and one for fall and winter. The flowery one would not look good with Christmas or halloween decorations, but it would be fun to put it out after a long winter when you are looking forward to spring. I Love the rug.
ReplyDelete