7.03.2007

Weekend Getaway

I went to SLC to spend some time with my mom and sisters and to get a break from the kids. It was a great weekend. Mom and I went to Les Mis and had such a great time being together. The show was just what I hoped except the fact that they changed how Eponine dies to a much less heroic act. That and the cheesy way that What's his name jumps from the bridge were the only things that I didn't like. The voices of the cast were amazing and the stage and lighting was excellent.

I also had a day with my sisters and mom downtown. We started at IHOP. We went to the Joseph Smith movie which I hadn't seen yet and then we went bumming around Gateway and got apples from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. It was amazing that in 2 hours we were able to find what we wanted and it made me want to go shopping without kids and with people that can offer good advice(Brent is of no help). We had such a great time together and I really hope that it will be a yearly tradition.

I wish that I had pictures. I had my camera with me the whole day and never took a picture until that night with just my mom and I and I am unable to locate that camera right now, so hopefully soon...

While I was gone Brent took the kids to the Zoo and they got their faces painted. Sienna is wearing Ayla's shirt and Brent didn't realize it until SiSi told him that night. She doesn't have her hair combed in this picture which makes me cringe to think she was in public like that but when they came to pick me up at the airport Sienna had two braids in her hair. I was impressed that B would even try since every time I have asked to teach him to do her hair he refuses saying his hands are too big(this coming from a dentist!) and that he doesn't want to learn. So he did it and the very uneven scraggly braids made me smile. I am grateful for a husband that enjoys his kids and I am grateful Sienna doesn't look like that always.


No comments:

Post a Comment