7.03.2007

Breckenridge

We went two weekends ago to Breckenridge for the CDA(Colorado Dental Association) Convention. Brent was a Delegate so they paid for our trip which was fun. Friday Brent had to be in meetings all day so the kids and I went bumming downtown and found a cute little toy store with toys they could play with. I let them each choose a five dollar toy to get since they decided on the toy store rather than the kids museum. Hunter chose a model eagle(his big thing lately) and Sienna chose Hello Kitty stamps and Pez dispenser. After walking half way back to the hotel Sienna stopped me and asked "What about the glasses that aren't paid for?" She then showed me that she had stolen the sun glasses that I had told her she couldn't get. We had to get back to the hotel right then to the next day we took her back and she apoligized and then gave them back. I hope she learned her lesson and that this will be the only time she tries this. I am grateful that she chose to tell me about it and that she knew it was wrong.

Later that day we went swimming and had the pool mostly to ourselves. Sienna tried to get out and then got back in her ring but it flipped her over and she was head down inside her ring. I was on a bench with Ayla and ran as fast as I could to get Sienna. When I got to her she had slipped through the ring and now was head up but completely submerged in the water flailing her arms and legs. I will never forget the sight of her under water like that and all of her floating under the water. I grabbed her out and a second later a guy that had been also sitting by the pool grabbed her other arm and she coughed a bit and was fine. It was so scary. So so scary. I thought that she would not want to go to swim lessons after that but she had no problem getting in the pool on Monday. Tuesday however she took half the lesson to get in and then did not want to get out. She would not get in the rest of the week but did swim with us on Wednesday since Amber and the boys were with us. I finally took her out of lessons and got half the fee back and took her and Hunter out of the next session. She is a puzzle to me.

Anyway back to Breckenridge. We went the next day to the festival they were having and we got to pan for gold and pet some animals and we looked through some of the fun shops. We were going to stay another night but decided to go home. We had a wonderful time together and it was so pretty up there.







1 comment:

  1. I love the first pic of Hunter and Sienna--they look like they truly enjoy each other. I always wanted to have an older brother to look out for me and I'm glad your girls (and my girls, too) have a good one.

    ReplyDelete