The first day there Brent got the stomach flu that I had had previous weekend and he was miserable. We went to the Dole Plantation since it was raining and we would be close to bathrooms. He ended up laying in the car most of the time so he missed the "Pineapple Express" and the wonderful music they played while the train took us through the plantation but he did get to taste the chocolate covered pineapple and bananas and the delicious pineapple ice cream.
I fell in love with this tree. I wish I could remember the real name of it but it is called the painted tree because it really looks like someone has painted it.
We stopped at the North shore where people had stopped all along the highway to look at the enormous waves. There was even a news crew there.
Then we headed to the Polynesian Culture Center where we learned about all of the Pacific Islands and then we went to the Luau and tried some weird food and Brent tried Sushi for the first and probably last time. Then we went to the show and it was good, I can't say it was great because I was falling asleep despite how hard I tried not too. I think I had it so built up because that is all Brent talks about from his previous Hawaii trip that I was expecting the impossible. It was a fun day all in all despite the rain and that we had not been to the beach yet.
Eric received this hat as a thank you for drinking coconut juice. Which reminds me that we also stopped at a fruit stand and got pineapple, mango, and coconut. Delicious!
Our next day was my favorite. We went snorkeling in Hanauma Bay and the weather was beautiful and we saw all sorts of great fish. Brent and I were both a little nervous for me due to our last snorkeling attempt in Key Largo but I must say that I did great and even let go of Brent's hand when he and Eric decided to go farther and I swam back to shore myself. I must say it is pretty scary when the reef is very near the surface and there is barely enough room to swim over it . I felt very claustrophobic. Brent and Eric saw 2 turtles and and eel. Amber and I were glad we missed that part.

Amber and I at Waikiki beach while the guys surfed.


On our last day there we hiked up to a lighthouse and it was beautiful. We had tried to go to the beach but as soon as we got there it started sprinkling and was very windy so we left. I would have loved more beach time, well more time really. We had such a great time and the only thing I would have changed would have been the weather (and I wouldn't have minded seeing the other islands but there just wasn't the time.
it looks like you guys stayed busy having fun. too bad about the rain, but what can you expect, i guess. maybe summer is the only time it doesn't rain there. i am glad you saw some fun stuff. would you do it again? thanks for posting. great pictures.
ReplyDelete