10.12.2006

Welcome Home Buoy


We got to pick Buoy, our adorable new puppy, up from the airport yesterday. It was quite the adventure. I had all three kids with me and luckily the flight was delayed an hour and a half so Buoy didn't have to wait for us like I thought he would since I had to pick Hunter up from the bus stop before we could head out. I am so grateful that Hunter is such a great helper. He pushed Ayla in the stroller while Sienna held on. We had to wait about 20 minutes which was great because it gave the kids time to really anticipate his arrival. We went to A&W and had a root beer float while we waited. I got quite a few curious looks as we walked out of the airport. I am sure that we were quite a sight, me carrying the big crate and Hunter pushing Ayla and directing Sienna where to go. I am sure everyone was wondering what I am thinking and quite honestly I was wondering the same thing.

But, then we got home and let Buoy out of the crate and it was love at first sight. He is the most huggable little guy you can imagine. He is everything we hoped he would be. Hunter is in absulute heaven and can't get enough of him. Sienna is very proud of herself whenever she gets up enought nerve to pet him, as am I. Ayla laughs everytime she sees him and if they are both on the floor she follows him wherever he goes. He has already learned not to touch her so he just scoots back and she scoots closer to him. It is a hoot. Brent of course let Buoy investigate Ayla while I wasn't watching and Ayla just laughed as he licked her face.

Here are some pictures of our new family member. Most of them are with Hunter and Ayla because Sienna doesn't stay close long enough to get a picture. She really likes him when he is crated or has the leash on. She spent a lot of time on the table today. I hope she warms up quickly.






3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 PM

    Why did you have to pick him up from the airport? Where did he come from? What kind of dog is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In answer to whoever just commented(sign your name silly) he is an English Springer Spaniel and we got him from a breeder we found online that lives in Kansas. His flight was only a little over and hour and he did great.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Laurie,

    He has a striking resemblence to the Morrill side of the family. He looks a lot like Brent as a baby.

    Papa M

    ReplyDelete