10.15.2006

Reminiscing

Well another week has come and gone. It is hard to believe that we are half way into October. It has been four and a half months since we moved from Columbus. I find myself still telling people that "we just moved here" but really we should be feeling settled in by now. I guess I do need to take into account that we have moved twice in that short time but we have been in our house now for 6 weeks.

Putting that down in writing makes me feel really grateful that I was able to have both my mom and my dad here(seperately of course) already to see our house. We had a great visit with Dad and it was good to see him and hear all the news about Scott's mission call to Alaska. We are all very excited for him.

Hunter has been very good lately and I think that he is really starting to settle in. I think having Buoy is great for him. He loves that dog and is constantly asking to play with him. He takes him outside to go potty and he runs around with a very happy smile and Buoy chases him. He has been talking about things we did in Ohio a lot lately and it makes me a bit melancholy when I thing about it because I really miss Columbus. Today he saw a piece of food that was shaped wierd and he said that it looked like the "Pinochio Fish" that we saw at the Aquarium by our old house and he asked if that was in Ohio.


It made me so happy that he remembers things like that and it took me back to the first time that we went to the Zoo and the Aqaurium, he was only two. How long ago that seems. He also has been talking about our friends there and more than anything I hope that he remembers them. He has been talking a lot about when I home schooled him at the beginning of last year and he remembers such tiny details that I have forgotten, such as the color of the stickers we used on his papers or which lessons we did or didn't do. His memory is outstanding. He asked me to finish his reading lessons with him that we were doing then and I heartily agreed. The book we were using is called How to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons. We were only to lesson 32 when it fizzled out and now starting back up he just breezes through the lessons and ask to do another. It is good for him because it gives us time just to be the two of us and it gives him confidence that it is so easy. He is reading very well but lacks the confidence to try new words, so I think that as the lessons get harder they will really help him build speed and the confidence he needs.

Sienna is two. What more can I say. She just has a mind of her own and thoug I love her tremendously, yesterday I had had enough of her and told Brent that he had better take her for awhile. Today was much better because she stayed dry all day and that always helps and she told everyone at church that she had pretty bows in ther hair. How can you not smile at that? As I was tucking her in bed she told me she had "everystuff" instead of saying everything. I love the way her mind thinks and to her it is just the right way to say it. I am so grateful for each new day, each new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment