7.09.2006
Home is where the Heart is.
It has taken a move across the country to realize how blessed I am to have the gospel and my family. I was long anticipating a newer, larger house thinking how great our new life would be, not living on student loans. But I had an epiphany. I realized that, even though I have heard it said over and over, money doesn't buy happiness. It is not the walls surrounding me that makes a home. It is not the things decorating those walls, but it is the memories made there and the people that reside within those walls that make it home. I told Hunter several times before we moved that he needed to treat Sienna kindly because she was all he had, the only friend that was coming with him. I think it finally sunk in when we got here and she really was the only friend he had. It has made me really reflect on what is important and how blessed I am to have such a wonderful life filled with wonderful people. No matter where we go, or what possessions we have, we will have one another. If given the choice, I would choose them over anything else. With the gospel and my little family by my side, I have realized that I can be happy anywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment