5.17.2006

I am now a blogger!








After having been at my last Dental wives club meeting (evoking all sorts of emotions) and talking about blogging I have decided that this is a great way to get my thoughts out of my head and connect with those that I think about so often but don't seem to touch base with as often as I would like. This is my own little take on my life, my day or even just that minute. It seems to be the little moments in life that make us who we are and it is in sharing those things that bring us closer to those surrounding us, connecting us.

There are so many great friendships that I have established over the almost 4 years that I have lived here in Ohio(the longest Brent and I have lived anywhere since being married) and the things that I have been realizing since thinking about(or trying not to think about) leaving are that I have really limited myself to having just a few great friends by following thier lead and attaching myself to a small group rather than making an effort to be friends with the other great people surrounding me. Never again will I be in such a position to have so many wonderful women all in the same position and all searching for new friends to cling to since moving away from family. What a rare oppurtunity I have been granted to be here in this time with these people that have so influenced my life. My only regret is that I didn't take more time and effort to get to know better more of the women that live a bit further away than good ole' Westborough. That being said I could not have asked for better friends than that small group and I am so glad that they have taken me along for the ride. After 6 weeks of them(all 5 being med wives and me the lonely Dent wife) all being in Utah for thier wilderness rotation I have found that, with effort, I will be alright when we move on to our new life awaiting us. It took them being gone for me to really open up my mind and go out of my comfort zone to realize that there are so many opportunities for friendship around us and so many wonderful people in the world. Okay so I really knew that but maybe had just forgotten. But when I saw Amy, Heidi, and Shanda(Jeana and Chrissy you had better hurry back!) all at church on Sunday and was able to chat with them before R.S. started it felt like old times again and I know that when I think of my years in Ohio it will be the faces and memories of the Westborough crowd that bring the tears to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment