11.14.2011

Eight

Sienna is EIGHT!  I can't believe that it has been that long since I was on crazy bed rest for eight weeks.  I can't believe it was eight years ago that Brent and I talked about names.  I told him that the baby was never going to come until we picked a name.  He suggested Sienna.  A name we had never even thought of previously.  I said fine and went up to bed.  Done.  Decided.  I was so done being pregnant that I didn't even care any more.  I went into labor that night at One AM.  She was stubborn then and she is stubborn now.  




She is a fiery little girl that loves dresses and climbing trees.  She loves "high heels" and her converse.  She loves gymnastics and getting her nails done.  She loves playing with babies and talking with the adults.  She keeps me guessing all the time.  I love her diversity and her complexity.  She is caring and giving and the most sensitive of all my kids.  She adores her family and probably nothing is more important to her than they are.  She worries about others.  She is passionate about dogs and would adopt every dog she sees if she could.  She is confident and loves her freckles and red hair.  She loves being unique.  She loves numbers and numerology.  She loves writing and telling stories.  She loves upbeat music and dancing.  She loves running and is so competitive.  It bothers her that she is only the second fastest girl in her class.  She loves playing the piano and begs me to let her take violin lessons.  She want to play soccer, take cooking classes and art, and go to yoga.  She is willing and craving to do everything.  There isn't enough time for her.

Notice her arms!  She didn't want me to post it but it is part of her story.  She has had hives since last Tuesday!  We don't know what it is from.  They come and go.  When she has Benadryl they leave and then they come back as soon as it wears off.  They are pretty aggravating and itchy.  They swell up and get red and angry.  She has been such a trooper in dealing with them.  I am frustrated that they wouldn't go away so I can take pictures for her baptism.  I decided to today to embrace the fact that this is what she looks like on her eighth birthday.  She hit the corner of her eye/cheekbone at gymnastics on Thursday while doing a front handspring.  It left a pretty nasty bruise.  She looks pretty beat up but that just showcases who she is and that she is living life!  We were laughing about the fact that on the first day of school she had a black eye and now when I want pics again she is sporting new injuries.  She is my rough and tough, princess girl.  And I LOVE HER! 

She is so beside herself about getting baptized.  She has been working on the Articles of Faith all year and almost has all of them memorized.  She has such a sweet faith.  She was crying last night about her hives and a large molluscum bump on her back.  She was having a hard time calming down.  She asked Brent to give her a blessing.  He did and she stopped crying, said thanks and went upstairs without another complaint.  She teaches me faith and love every day.

Happy Birthday, my big EIGHT year old.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment