We took the kids skiing while we were in Utah and we had so much fun. It is so nice to not have to drive at least 2 hours to the resort and to not have to pay a sitter for Elsie. Thanks, Gaylene! Ayla at the end was cold(it was in the single digits that day) and tired and had a little break down but she did great as did the older two. They are quite confident on the lift and the green runs and are getting a bit more skilled. Ayla has no fear and wants to keep up with everyone else. It was so great to spend the day with them. I was a little bit nervous about the kids on the lift and told them to hold very still and sit back all the way. It was a good thing I didn't know about the girl that fell off the lift and dropped 30 feet until the next day when I was only worrying about myself falling off. Brent thought it was funny to shake the lift and watch me freak out. It just doesn't seem safe to me. Especially when you are 100 feet off the ground hovering over large boulders by only a tiny little metal piece attached to a moving cable. When we were skiing the second day with Bryan, Allison and AJ I tried to get off the lift without using my poles like Brent told me to and I made quite the scene(NOTE: I haven't had a problem with the lift until now when he told me how to do it!) So I stuck the tip of my left ski in the landing platform so I was totally unable to get off the lift but it kept going. I was saying," Oh no, OH NO!" and then the next thing I knew I was thrown off the lift onto my right hip, HARD! Then I was saying , "OH NO, OH NO!" as the lift was attempting to take my head off. I ducked under it just in time and with barely any room to spare. Then I was sliding down the ramp, skis going everywhere as the operator stopped the lift and Brent jumped off as it started to go around and back down. We skied down the run and back to the lift to find it STILL Stopped. The first line fo 2 days was all caused because of me, or one could argue because of Brent! He should have left well enough alone in my opinion. It wasn't until we were driving home that Brent admitted that he had thrown me off the lift. He said I should thank him for saving me a trip to the hospital for a broken femur. So this is for Brent! Oh dear husband, thank you so so much for telling me how to properly get off the ski lift. I really owe you! Thank you so much for grabbing my coat by the shoulder and launching me onto the icy, hard snow bank, and for the sore hip that it caused. I don't know how to repay you! But don't you worry, I will find a way. And I better not forget to thank you for one of the most embarassing moments of my life because it will be a good story for a long time to come. It was so fun to wave at the people that were just about to get off the lift but couldn't because of the fun show I had given them. I wish now that I had taken a bow. But in all seriousness, I am grateful our trip wasn't ended by a trip to the hospital and a broken femur would not be fun, even if I could have claimed a pain level of 10(Brian Regan inside joke). Thanks, Brent, for loving me enough to throw me off the lift, to have the presence of mind to save my leg and most of all to not be too embarassed to be seen with me the rest of the day! I love you for that the most. It was such a fabulous day to be skiing down the beautiful mountain with you.





No comments:
Post a Comment