12.21.2010

LOVE


I LOVE my family. I know, I know. Pretty much everyone feels this way about their own children, right? But for some reason I feel that MY love for MY children is extraordinarily different, somehow. More unique. More profound. More encompassing. MY love seems to resonate within me. Permeating from within my chest at times, and then expanding outward throughout my body until it seems almost tangible, in a real, grab hold of it kind of way. There are moments when I feel it so strongly that I wonder if others can sense the change that comes up inside of me. It brings tears to my eyes in these moments, and a giddy kind of laughter to my lips. And I wonder why am I so blessed, to have this feeling of immense love. And I realize that this feeling is unique, as unique as each of my children are, so is my love for them. As they continue to bud and grow, and change, so does my love for them. What a blessed, wonderful Journey we are each on in this life. May you all take hold of your unique and precious loved ones this Christmas and hold on tight, remembering the love you have for them right now in this most wonderful time of year! Merry Christmas to all of you that are so dear to us!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, thanks for sharing your tender thoughts. Love is an incredible gift.
    We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete