1.21.2010

Little Miss Elsie

Many of you probably wondering if Elsie is walking yet. Well, the answer is nope, she is not. But not to worry. She is finding plenty of other things to keep her little, 19 month old self busy when she is not walking around the furniture, coloring(with her left hand, crayon poised perfectly),pushing her stroller around, or telling Buoy no.
She is busy getting in more cupboards and drawers than all three of the other kids ever did, put together. She unloads them and then finds herself a nice little seat from which to watch me and laugh.
She can't hold still and loves to be climbing. She does not stay in her high chair and has climbed out of it since she could pull herself up. We have to remember to buckle her in, which we don't always do. She loves to sit on the counter and devour the food there, or the table. She is usually one of these two places.
She is very happy when she is happy and she can also throw a fit with the rest of them(meaning my rest of them, and if you haven't been fortunate enough to see one in action then believe me they should win a prize for their determination). If she is mad she will throw things and shout, "NO!" and then crawl away and pout in a corner. She is just the same as the others in the fact that there is no calming her down. She needs to do it on her own, in her own time.

She can say quite a few words now and is learning more every day. She says, Buoy, No, baby, book, baba, drink, bubble, mama, dada, cup and I am sure some more I am not remembering right now.

She had a darling little smile that crinkles up her nose and her eyes are enormous and the strangest deepest gray. I love them. She has long, straight eyelashes and a little, petite, tiny, body. Her hair is finally growing in and I have had to cut it a few times to prevent the mullet.

I love her. She sleeps, smiles, eats and plays and then sleeps some more. Who could ask for more from my stubborn little non-walker.

1 comment:

  1. is it a coincidence that Elsie is favoring her left hand when she was born on a lefthanders birthday? I think not!! I hope there will be at least one left hander in the family besides me!

    ReplyDelete