Sienna was so excited for this day. It came and she was beaming!
Thanks for all those who came and made it a special day for my little girl. I was so grateful for the support of loved ones. And I know Sienna was too.
It was such a simple and yet touching meeting and experience for me. I was trying not to cry throughout the whole thing and somewhat succeeded. When Bishop Gardner got up and said that the ordinance was the most important thing, I really felt such a sense of peace. Afterwards he told me that he had been in Utah for Thanksgiving and had come home early so that he and his wife could be there. I was astonished and asked him again to verify that he really left his family early to come to Sienna's baptism and his reply was, "I couldn't have missed this." That is when I lost it. I really lost it. I couldn't even speak, I was crying so hard. I was a bit embarrassed by my strong emotion, but mostly I was so deeply touched by his words but more by his actions. His choice to be there and support Sienna and our family spoke volumes. It spoke to a place in my heart that I had been needing to feel supported and loved. I can't speak the words to thank him for that but I hope that my tears spoke what I could not verbalize.
As for Sienna. I love this girl. I was reminded on this day of how blessed I am to be her mother. She brings such happiness to me. I am so pleased with her devotion to God and to wanting to do what is right. She is a wonderful person and a great example to me.
Again, some pictures from my mom. I couldn't focus on taking pictures and being with Sienna and everyone and I was sad I didn't have better pictures. We tried to get one good family one and it was SOOO cold outside that it didn't go so well.














We were so happy to be able to come for Siennas big day!
ReplyDelete