While the boys were gone our neighborhood had a garage sale and so us girls went and walked around and talked to the neighbors. It was so good to be outside and did wonders for our spirits. We didn't find much of anything but it was fun to look and Sienna really got into it saying, " let's go to the next house, come on Mom!" I did see a mirror that had a thick white beautiful frame around it for only 20$ but I wasn't sure where to put it so I let it go. It would be really cute above Siennas Dress up shelf in the play room but I doubt she would even be able to see into it. I also considered it for her room but in the end walked away. Since I am still wondering about it makes me think I should have just gotten it. I am so indecisive it is frustrating even to me.
Saturday night Dad, Jeannie and Ember came down and Dad took us to dinner at The Elephant Bar and I remembered why I get babysitters to go out to eat. I would have loved to talk more to the adults but we still had fun and it was really good to see Jean and Em before they move out here in July. Have I mentioned how excited I am to family nearby?
On Sunday Sienna gave the scripture in church and did a good job. She was very proud of herself and I am so glad that I don't have to deal with her being afraid of large groups.
What else? Oh the weather here has been so wonderful the last week or so and we have really enjoyed being outside jumping, going for walks to the park, riding bikes, and doing yard work. I really think that the combination of the sun and the workout has done wonders for all of us. The kids were so well behaved yesterday that it was shocking. It makes me excited for summer since it seems we skipped right over spring.
Hunter had track day on Monday and the girls and I went to watch for a while and I got burned. I of course lathered the kids in sun screen and forgot myself. It felt good to get some sun after the long winter. Hunter had so much fun doing all the events and got a ribbon for each one. He finally got a first place ribbon on his last event and his smile said it all. He had been feeling a little badly about not having one and had mentioned this to me earlier so when he got the blue one he ran up to me, so excited saying, "I got this for having a good hustle!"
We also ate lunch with them in the classroom and I loved watching Hunter interact with Sienna. He was so thrilled to have her there and show her off to his friends. He went around making introductions even though Sienna had been there before. Then he asked her what she wanted to play once they were done eating and it was so cute to see him being so considerate and taking her had to go lay down for quiet time and then helping her choose books. She is so lucky to have such a loving brother. Now if I can just get her to be as considerate of him.
Sorry no pics. I told myself several times not to forget my camera and what did I do? You got it. So no pictures this time.
So much to catch up on! It's fun to see your family growing. And it was fun to see your Hawaii photos- I love that place! Thanks for the updates.
ReplyDeleteAndrea